THE CENTRAL ELECTION COMMISSION
OF THE REPUBLIC OF UZBEKISTAN
briefing by Chairman of the CЕС of the Republic of Uzbekistan
SECRETARIAT OF THE CENTRAL ELECTION COMMITTEE OF THE REPUBLIC OF UZBEKISTAN
Departments of Secretariat are headed by chiefs.
Employees of Secretariat are appointed and dismissed by the Chairman of the CEC.
Obligations of the Secretariat of the CEC:
- Organizational, informational and material-technical support of the CEC’s activities;
- Assisting members of the CEC in performing their duties defined by the legislation on elections and a referendum;
- Methodological-instructive assistance to the subordinate election Commissions and the Commissions on carrying out referendum, organizers and other participants of elections and referendum;
- Performing of the CEC’s decisions and orders of its leadership during preparation and conduct of elections and referendum.
Secretariat is headed by the Secretary of the Central Election Commission.
Secretary of the Central Election Commission shall:
- ensure effective work of Secretariat;
- report regularly about the activities of the Departments to the Chairman of the CEC, and in its absence to the Deputy-Chairman;
- organize preparation of information, references and other materials, carry out measures on conducting modern methods of processing and analysis of information;
- organize work on increasing the professional qualifications of employees;
- carry out other functions in accordance with the distribution of duties between members of the CEC.